LIVE Saturday ‘ASK THE EXPERT Q&A’ with Equine Behaviorist Cynthia Royal
WHAT’s BEST??? Classical Training? Trick training? Natural Horsemanship? Liberty Training? Clicker Training? Behavioral Conditioning? Operant Conditioning?
Join Cynthia Royal as she answers these questions and teaches you the BEST-of-The-BEST of all techniques to quickly, safely and effectively reach your goals. http://bit.ly/Ask-The-Expert-QandA
DISCUSSIONS WILL INCLUDE:
– Lessons from training Killer Whales, Elepha…nts and BIG Cats: take-aways we can use in training the horse
– Stick or Carrot? Pros and cons of various training methods and tools including use of rope halters, round penning, lunging, lead-line games, training sticks, one-rein st…op, hindquarters dissengagement, backing up, clickers, motivators, rewards (including use of food), etc.
– Punishment versus Discipline: are you instilling undertainty and fear in your horse?
– Pressure and Release OR Ask and Reward? positive versus negative reinforcement and what works best for a prey animal versus a predator
– Equine Psychology and Herd Dynamics: getting to know the horse as a nomadic, grazing, prey animal
– Can I really change any vice, challenge or problem with Behavior Shaping?
– Training through positive reward: what is it, how do you do it and how long do you have to respond so the horse makes the connection?
– Honoring the Horse: providing the right care and maintenance of the horse based on his REAL needs
– Do I address or ignore an unwanted behavior? Pawing, cribbing, stall weaving/walking, wind sucking, biting, rearing, bucking
– Help with any problem or challenge you are having with your horse